i was “”“”cleaning”“”” yesterday
i dont know why it seemed like a good idea at the time
Anonymous said: Hi Jane Mai! I bought both of your nurse janey zines the day you put #2 out and I was wondering about how long it would take to get them? I'm really excited!
thanks for buying it!! i sent a portion of them out (the ones i had in stock, before i put them up for backorder) already so if you haven’t already gotten it it will be soon, this week, because i had to get more mailers. for people who got it on backorder after it was sold out it will be sent out next monday
a list of self care techniques I regularly employ 2 deal with shit when I’m Sad and feeling very much like I’m going to die alone and unloved. feel like writing this at whatever time in the morning instead of sleeping is p indicative of where my life is rn. but also feel free to add your own bc I like these kinds of lists
1. I think about eggs. eggs taste great I love egg. I like their shape when they are boiled and I like runny yolks and omelette they are just such happy simple things to me. this sounds weirdly obsessive but egg in this list is a just a placeholder for my favorite things. on the other hand, the “these are a few of my favorite things” song always makes me cry
2. I barrage each and every one of my closest friends with misspelled texts bc they are my friends and they love me and don’t doubt my ability to form sentences
3. buy cheap makeup it’s cheap and if it looks good, good, if it looks bad, toss it I don’t need garbage in my life. I also learned a long time ago that self harm is no bueno so instead I spend time in beautifying myself. trim ur nails, cut your hair, etc
4. rage clean. do laundry
5. donate old clothing
6. sell old clothing
7. I write down exactly why I’m depressed or frustrated etc etc, being as descriptive as possible. it generally helps but only if you’re down for a lot of Thinking about being sad
8. listen to audiobook in the dark
9. play Tetris (this gets out of control tho)
10. think about something I’m good at. when you feel shitty this is hard to do. it it can literally be the dumbest thing like ‘I’m really good at farting’ and the more you think about it the dumber and funnier it gets
11. watch a lot of sitcoms. I can’t do movies bc they are so long and need your full attention?? 30 rock has gotten me thru some rough times
12. soak in hot water and listen to Lana del Rey and think, ‘at least I’m not lana del rey’
13. Hakuna matata
do you know the movie shimotsuma monogatari/ shimotsuma story/ ‘kamikaze girls’ (for some reason in English) ? it’s probably one of my favorite movies of all time, like top 5 easily. there’s a scene where momoko all dressed up, going miles to the bus and train, walks down a dirt road and steps in cow shit. I have to do this everyday, dressed up or not. the route I have to take to get to the subway that I have to ride at least 40 minutes to get anywhere else, is covered in dog shit. it is literally peppered with little dog turds at all times. I am constantly side stepping dog poops in various stages of decomposition and color and consistency. but yesterday I noticed a particularly large and runny poop. like maybe this really big dog was sick, and continued to be sick for 30 feet. but it didn’t seem right? I wasn’t familiar with this size of dog shit, it was far more voluminous than an average dog shit. Maybe it was a human shit? maybe I’ve been wading through human shit this whole time?
i am now adult with 2x job, is there like 2x adult multiplier, i’m being the most adult rn
Anonymous said: Your name has always been Jan Mai in my head and it is hard to think of you as a Jane. That is all.
that’s fucked up